Friday, January 23, 2009

serious creative-writing blog

"...when silently listening to the half-crackle, half-drizzle connection of rain in its moderate rush to fall in the dark, outside my main front window, if conjurs up flashes of memories. Memories are a powerful hand on our mind. They grasp our feelings, and shake them in so many different manners." By katie marie

Here's a little exerpt. I should sit her and do more but i'm going to bed.
Here's the idea: I think it would be fun to become involved in some kind of creative writing blog of short stories.
If anybody is interested, let me know. If not I will do one and bravely open up some of my stories for critique, thoughts etc. I had to drop my creative writing class and who knows, maybe this will be better.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am not very creative, but just reading your blog and your great way of putting discriptive words together is great! I'll read some of your short stories.

Vanessa said...

I'm in..should I be working on a story? Any genre? Great idea

Kristin said...

I think that is a great idea...I'm not so creative right now but I'd love to read what you write. Go for it!!

I love Barbie too. It isn't PC I know. Ailey loves Barbie and I recently passed down my old barbies and barbie clothes that I had stashed in my cedar chest. I was holding onto them for what? To play with in the retirement home? Now they have a new buddy...who loves them too.

Kristin said...

Oh yeah...my sister just got me hooked up with Facebook. Fascinating all the people who are coming out of the woodwork...and fun.

kate said...

Okay, this should be fun then. Nope, it doesn't matter what type of story you write. And what the heck if someone feels poetic, write a poem. V- I guess we need to start another blog off of a dummy email address or something. Let's privatize it too. Just in case we do actually write something that down the road takes off in some way. Hopeful thinking here. kristin- I will look for you on f.b. Kim- see you tuesday. Thanks gals this should be fun!