Friday, November 14, 2008

my homage to harold's--bye-bye

oh Harold's, what has happened!
you filed for one of those sections.
does thou not know the alternatives
that have been left to us your true loyalists!
there is oklahoma, texas, cali, utah, southern, northern and
many states between. Harold powells to many, to us
just Harold's. I should have noticed more
that the email's stopped short mid October.
And then today, such shock when the email said
"after 60 years we're going out of business."
you've been good to us over the years, catering and
friendly service. It is so fun to hear one's name with a bright
smile each time one enter's the shop from employee's.
Friendships have been made. "style's have come and style's have gone", but
as for you, you were a constant. But now, perhaps it's the economy,or perhaps it's just
time to let go. Any which way though, thank you for
the experience. Adeiu to an old southern charmer. Bye Harold's.
Love you, love me-kate


since I'm in poetry in my Lit. class right now, I'm trying it out.

No comments: