Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thank you laura, I loved the tv series too.




In my paper today on Residential Green Construction, I actually got to add kind of a fun little exerpt into one the paragraphs. I wrote of how building from the past was created on knowledge, skill and the environmental surroundings of those making their structures. And, I used the sod roof houses of the mid west 1800's as an example. That (ie:) would be from Laura Ingalls Wilders', Little House of the Prairie series which I read religiously when I was a young lass. Yes, Little House on the Prairie has now been incorporated into a modern day college construction management class research paper. So Connorack Man and Seingine, all the 20 plus times that the two of you have managed to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid/, (from our 2nd grader to 3rd grade and our fifth grader holding strong as a standby if a Calvin and Hobbes book is not available, well into his 7th grade), well then, you just might be able to slide it in as a reference someday when you're in your college Renaissance Art class. Ha, ha!



2 comments:

Jessica F. said...

So good hearing from you! You fam looks as cute as ever!

The Pixton Family said...

I lOVE those books and have read them all with my girls. There is a pageant and museum somewhere in the mid-west that I'd love to see one day.