Friday, November 21, 2008

real bridges don't fall or move to arizona

So I did a report on Heavy/Civil construction that involved the building of the Brooklyn Bridge. Really fascinating stuff on the history of its creation. I love bridges. One of my fav bridges is this little one in Ambleside, England, that we actually visited and I bought a lilliput lane replica of the bridge. (at the link, click on enesco then Lilliput lane, then the catalog) It's a bridge with a tiny little bridge house on it where the keeper of the bridge lived with his big brooding family back in the old days..



Anyway, I was reading ENR magzn. and I ran across (not literally yet) a beautiful bridge. And it must be shared. Look at how elegant it is......up there, the Millau Bridge, France. The worlds tallest bridge, for now! India is building a taller bridge.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

that is an awesome picture of the bridge! You have been there? That is really neat. I personally haven't seen any bridges, but I have seen pictures that are really cool like this one.
I like bridges too!