Monday, November 24, 2008

the Chronicles of Narnia


...we did it, seingine and I just finished THE MAGICIAN'S NEPHEW. It was good. I never read that series as a kid. So I have never read any exerpt or article in regards to it, so I can say this without having been biased. And of course it is my opinion, so if it is not what the author intended, well then it is what I got out of it. It reminded me so much of reading a modern day work of mythology, mixed in with biblical analogy's: The creation of a new world. The Son of Adam etc. The evil in the new world. The silver apples on the Tree of Life. So now I understand how the wardrobe came to to the be. How exciting for the next book, the LION, THE WITCH and THE WARDROBE. Though, I did find out that this was actually his sixth book the series and written as a prequel to the L.W.T.W. I think cs Lewis was a medievalist, just like Dad. But I am not going to find out anything about him 'til after we're done with the series. I've found that lately when I know too much about an writer it tends to bias my opinion of their writing.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love this series!! I did as a kid and I get even more out of it now as an adult. It is so fun to share these books with my kids. Good for you for exploring these with your son. How fun.

CS Lewis was a GENIUS!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!