Tuesday, October 7, 2008

it's starting, that holiday feeling, it's in the air

I've been pulled into the holiday tidal wave already. But that is okay because once Halloween is upon us, there is no turning back. The days will then keep going by, faster and faster. So, I have been brain storming. You'll have to try to follow my mind path here.

I have to go to some live performances for my Intro to Theatre class. The Connorack man also has to see a couple of live performances for his 7th grade choir class. We both have to do papers on them.

Then from that point, my mind is all over on making up fun Halloween yard decorations...which leads to more holidays..etc. and so between those idears, I'm led to ballet. Mix that with holidays and....I love to see Christmas ballets. Of course the Nutcracker. I say every year that I'm going to take the boys. We've yet to go. This year is a must, unless it's some weird modern take on the classic. But I remember one year when I got to see both the Nutcracker and Babes in Toyland. I used to love dressing up and going to the productions in downtown SLC. I remember seeing the b/w movie when I was a kid, and it's one of those vague but cozy memories from childhood. So I went online to see if any productions in Utah this year. Yep, the Childrens Theatre in SLC. And sure enough The New York TIMES /http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/3542/Babes-in-Toyland/trailers decides to write an article about it posted today's date. What timing!!! Plus it's Laurel and Hardy.

No comments: