Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the boy that could be stumped

Our new neighbors, (we're actually the new neighbors) have a daughter the same age as my 7th grader. The kids in the neighborhood have all been so friendly, so much so that, I actually met them before the boys did. So when I was outside talking with my cute neighbor friend, her daughter, who I had spoken w. many times since she had introduced herself, kept disappearing inside the house. Then I noticed my son coming in and out of the picture. My neighbor noticed it too. She said her daughter was a little timid around new boys. Then she told me in front of the Connerack man, that all her daughters' friends keep calling asking for the scoop on the new cute boy at school. The neighbor mom then said, she's told them to go visit him with a plate full of cookies.

Connor was dumbfounded!!! It's pretty funny when you have him stumped.

Oh, the teenage boy/girl thing is coming in for a big landing. Guaranteed he is eating up this new found world of boy meets girl in junior high!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is another step towards the kiddos growing up. I don't know if I am ready for the teenage thing! I have awhile though. Does Conner like knowing that girls are thinking he is cute? Boys are clueless about a lot of things.

kate said...

He eats it up. He is going to be such a sweetheart when he falls in love someday. He sees girls as interesting creatures he can't quite get a grasp of. But I think most guys think that way!