Thursday, October 9, 2008

organization s.o.s

Okay so being the professional (to a certain degree) horder of some 'things' is hard to deal with. Call it A.D.D or due to some tramatic incident or emotional feelings or perfectionism or what, I am honest with myself that I have been that way since early childhood. My brain gets all jumbled up on how to solve clutter. I want things to be perfect from every minute detail.

However, learning to let go and simplify, simplify, simplify is hard but good. good sites are out there to help. One such site Flylady. http://www.flylady.net/index.asp It's great. .. or http://www.getmyselforganized.com/I've read some really good ideas. And that's one of the problems. What ideas may sound easy or "DUh" to most, somehow are lost to me until I can have them pointed out in precise detail. But I can pick apart things to the smallest detail in ideas or a blank canvas and create something. But organizing is so difficult for my overimaginative brain. I am so right brained.

Here's Yvette's take on kids and chores: ' It teaches them basic life skills so that they can care for themselves when they leave home.
- It teaches them consideration for others.
- It teaches them responsibility.
- It teaches them that their parents are not their personal servants.
- It teaches them to appreciate what you do for them.
- It gives them a sense of pride and is good for their self esteem.
- It teaches them a basic work ethic.
- It gives them a sense of belonging.
- It brings the whole family closer together.
- In encourages them to take pride in their own home.'

yvette langmaid-buttery from Get Myself Organized Newsletter 31st March 2008

Again, this can be so hard at times, but I'll keep working along on it all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Kath, it's so great to see that others struggle with the same things as I do, and "get" what I'm trying to say.

Must remember to insist the kids fold the washing after school today!