Wednesday, October 22, 2008

..that contest they made up on a cold winters night to see who could come up with the best scary story

...such great timing. Halloween and I need to write a theatre paper. What to see? I hate Dracula and vampire movies. My brothers used to make me watch the scary saturday matinees on tv back in the '80's. They were of old Dracula or Vincent Price 'B' movies. Nothing too much, just stuff like pouring sweet honey thru a hole onto an unsuspecting victim. Then sending bugs in thru the hole, to take care of the sweet nectar and anything else that might be near the syrup, like someones face!!!! Well, I have a love/hate relationship with Dracula because any guy named Gary Oldman who is Bram's Dracula is a hot vampire...oh course, it's knowing that Gary has that English accent coming through his slovic accent in the movie. ha ha
Anyway, I've got to see a production this week. And I think I am going to do the easy move and go to U.V.U's production of freakiness .....http://www.uvu.edu/theatre/events/eventsthree.html. Ugh, at the play though, I might have flashbacks to that freaky scene in 'Interview with a Vampire', where the audience unknowingly is watching freaky vampires do freaky stuff. Freaky, is the only word in my vocabulary right now that describes my freakish fright for Fall friday nites of fictional fables. Wouldn't it be kinda fun to get a fog making machine and tell freaky fables by the fire!

No comments: